GRAVELLY NEWS

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Flying Saucers Over Gravelly



Did anyone else see those flying saucers last week? I was on my way to Church and almost ran into the ditch they gave me such a start.

I had such agood time last night. It was Homecoming games at FV. 4 basketballl games. I had called the first coach we had at Fourche when they built the other gymthat burned, to be sure and come. He has been a Senator and in the
Legislature here in Ar and lives outside of Ola. He came and sat between Loucinda and me so we both could bend his ear. He's funny.

Did I tell you that Chuck, the guy that brings the Record up the valley and puts them in the stores talked to me at Plainview this past week? He said "The next time you go out of town , you send extra articles to the paper cause we had calls asking why your article was not in the paper!" Isn't that neat?He said our business went down too cause your article was not in there.
Loucinda and I went to the elementary children's Christmas program at FV last Wednesday night. It was outstanding!!There are talented teachers and assistants there!! The pre-school kids were so great. When you think of 3 and 4 year olds performing, it is amazing you can hold their attention. In the elementary program, Jacob Lofland sang a solo and he did a great job.

Einella Lewis, 5th grade teacher, led the children in a play about the birth of Jesus andthe politicial agenda ofthose times. She "drove" a yellow Volkswagen with 3 children and told the story as the children preformed her story on the stage.

Well, be kind to others and keep watching the skies.

2 Comments:

  • So Ellis, this is whrere you get IT from. Your Mom is cool. Hey Mrs. Goodson, I'm that guy that shared a loft with your son in the 80s. He's turned out to be a good kid afterall.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 11:04 PM  

  • For Jeff and anyone else who thinks Glenna Goodson actually saw Flying Saucers hovering over Gravelly. No, just her son having a good time with photoshop. Cutting and pasting some of Mom's writing plus I added the first and last paragraphs. I think it gives a nice mellow blog site an "anything can happen" edge, don't you?

    By Blogger Mr Goodson, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home