GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, April 17, 2006

Green Eggs and Cars


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

A man is driving along the highway and seesa rabbit jump into the middle ofthe road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front ofthe car. The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulls over, and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit is dead. The driver feels so awful, he begins to cry. A beautiful blonds woman driving down the highway sees the man crying on the side ofthe road and pulls over. She steps out of the car and asks the man what isthe trouble.. "I feel terrible," he explains, ":I accidently hit this rabbit and killed it." The blonde says to not worry. She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can. She walks over to the limp, dead rabbit, bends down and sprays the contents onto the rabbit. The rabbit jumps us, waves his paw at thetwo of them and hops off down the road. Ten feet away, the rabbit stops, turns around and waves again, he hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again until he hops out of sight. The man is astonished. He runs over to the woman and asks"What is in that can? What did you spray on that rabbit?" The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label. It says---"HAIR spray--Restores life to dead HAIR, and adds permanent wave."

Jay Hunnicutt is now preaching at the Union Hill FWBC, between Dutch Creek and Waldron. I am happy for Jay and his congregation. I know Mulberry FWBC misses Jay and Diane.

Last week at our Eastern Star at Gravelly, Lisa Davis, sang for us. She has such an outstanding beautiful voice-- Lisa and I decided it is just genetic since her Dad and mother, Pat and Becky Millard, play and sing so well.

I was at Plainview, Fowler's and John Young was also there.. f course we began talking about school and John asked would I share a piece of sugar free pie with him. Of course I say"Yes". Sure was good. You know, John and I could solve the nation's school problems if they would just listen to us.

A few days ago, I had washed my car at Plainview. Istarted to leave and my car took one of its "no start" spells.The Whitlows drove up and Midge says,"I told my husband Mrs. Glenna is in trouble so we'd better see about her." Mr. Whitlow did something to a battery wire and my car started. Praise the Lord!! Speaking of cars, Johnny Turner asked me how it felt to ride in Loucinda's pretty Cadillac. I told him it was certainly nice and he says"Then don't you feel bad to get into your OLD car?" Isaid "No, Johnny, just as long as it starts, it is fine."

I was at Nola eating breakfast, one morning last week. I noticed 3 guys at a table--two were talking but one was silent. That night, Roy Austin asked me if I noticed the guys and I said"Yes" He said when I left the "Silent" guy said"Wasn't that Glenna Goodson" ? and Roy says"Yes" and the man says"I wasn't about to open my mouth or she would have

put it in the paper."If I knew that giuys' name I'd put his name in the paper just for the heck of it.!

Our Easter program at Rover Baptist Church was really outstanding!When Tim Patton left to go to Danville, I thought we'd never have good programs again. Either Tim taught Melanie Sawyer well, or the Lord already had her prepared and just waiting to use her talent. Melanie did a great job of outting everything together. I admire Sara Light so much. She came and practiced even though her Dad had just died. That takes dedication, love for Jesus and love for your church. One presentation I'd never seen before was attained by using a black light andusing light sticks. The only thing yu see are the light sticks. The recorded song was "Arise my Love," andthe young people acted it out with the lighted sticks. Janice James sang"How Beautiful": and SaraLight, Jennifer McConnell andDebby Walton did the sign language forthe song. I just don';t have room to tell you about all the wonderful singersand actors. I wish all the Valley culd have seen this production.

I rode with Loucinda to Little Rock Saturday. We attended the funeral of Joe Pouzar. He wwas the husband of Detonne, formerly Bogle. She is the sister of Billy Jack Bogle. Joe ,Jr. played "Amazing Grace" on his trumpet. As Margaret Lowe Bogle said, "That say it all." It was good to see Rosemary Gilmore Williams. She is still beautiful. and Loucinda introduced me to Wanda Lee Gilmore Tester's, daughter. We had a long comnversation.

After the funeral, Loucinda and I went to Luby's to eat. We then stopped at Wal Mart and Sams.

Louise Tinz of Bluffton haschickens that lay green eggs. Teri, at Gravelly store had pourchased some of the eggs, so I kow it is true. I must go take a look at those chickens!!

Our trip to see the Azaleas in Muskogee was a fun tripo. Dortha Putman and a friend of Loucinda's in Ft. Smith went with us. We decided the dry weather had kept the Azaleas from being as beautiful as always, but they still were outstanding. What I enjoyed were the beautiful tuliposQQWe had a great day!!

Today, Monday, the reunion committee will meet at Waldron. Ican hardly wait to see my cousin, Billy Highfill, from OK.

Think on this: If God is your co-pilot, you need to trade seats."

1 Comments:

  • I think what i liked most about this installment other than the Blond joke was shortage of obituaries. I guess theer was one mentrion of a woman that came to work in spite of a death in the family. But other than that, no body died. Good news.

    By Blogger Mr Goodson, at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home