Monday, April 10, 2006

No Kittens For Me

Gravelly News by Glenna Godson

We went to a movie the other night. I sat in an aisle seat as I usually do because it feels a little roomier. Just as the feature was about to start a "blonde" baby boomer from the center ofthe row got up and started working her way out. "Excuse me,sorry,oops, excuse me, pardon me, gotta hurry,oops, excuse me." By the time she got to me, I was trying to look around her and I was a little impatient so I said,"Couldn't you have done this a little earlier?"No!!"she said in a loud whisper,"The TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE PLEASE message just flashed up on the screen and mine is out in the car."

I received an E-mail anda phone message from John Meredith last week. John and Carolyn moved here from Ca. acouple of years ago. They live down the Young Gravelly Rd. in what was originially the Vess Herrin place. ohn and Carolyn left Nov. 1st. to go back to Ca. and sell their Mobile home. The placr was sold in anuary but the building inspectors writethem up every week for something else they have to bring up to code. They hope to beback in Ar. this month. He wanted me to know they takethe Record there andbe sureto keep on writing my article.

Wednesday, I went with Loucinda to Danville. I wwent to thegrocery strore while she tooki care of some business. She said "I went to see June and Dennus' 5 grandchildren. "I said"Which child had five babies?" Loucinda laughs and says Dennus' female cat that came to their house and stayed because of Dennus' malre cat, had 5 kittens. So that afternoon I went by to see the baby kittens. Dennus asked me how many I wanted!!One isabout all I can ut up with, so no kittens for me.

Two weeks ago when I went with Tom and Maggie Sullivan to see the Wesylean Foundation' s lodge, Idrove my car to my church at Rover. The service had not started, so I gave Louise Gillum my gift to take to a bridal shower that day. I left my car there and went on witrh Loucinda.
Monday night was our women's meeting at church and Bro. Shipley came to his office. He told me that he saw my car and I was no where around. Someone told him that I get very sleepy and dizzy sometimes so he looked inside my car to make sure I was not lying there, dead!. Then he and others looked around for me. He then called my house and Loucinda's, looking for me. Monday night he says,"Next time tell someone where yu are gong."I asked him if he thought i had been abducted!!

Sarah Light's father passed away in a Little Rock hospital, Saturday. It's so hard to lose your Dad and my prayers are with Sarah and her family. Her ten year oldson Christopher says, "Grandpa is living with Jesus now and Grandma will have to live alone."

It's always so good to see Toby Morrison at my Rover Church. Toby was one of my favorite students when I subbed at F.V. Toby has transferred to Plainview School.

We will have a sunrise service at our Rover Baptist Church next Sunday morning at 6:30. Then the men will cook breakfast for everyone. Our Easter program will be at 11 A.M.No Sunday School for that Sunday because of our other services.

I traveled with Loucinda to Clarksville Sunday after church. Loucinda's friend of 33 years, Diane Tomasich, wasvisiting her parents in Clarksville, so we visited with Diane and her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Hudson. The drive to Clarksville was absolutely breat-taking as you gaze at the beauty of the muntains, the dogwoods and many other beautiful flowers. Loucinda said there was 40/11 shades of green as you gaze at those trees in the mountains. Diane and her mother were fixing to go to tjheDollar Store so we went along. On the way back Diane drove us aroundthe town. Isaw the courthouse square. A Presbyterian Church was beautiful thatr was bult in 1859. She drove us by the University ofthe Ozarks. Iam so glad I saw this University, i have heard so much about. Sam Walton contributed a lot of money to this pace of higher learning and we saw the Walton Fine Arts Building, named after Mr. Walton. Another building that was lovely was the Cherry St. Baptist Church where the Hudson's attend. We had a wonderful visit with this family. Loucinda and Ileft Clarksville and went to the Russellville Shinn's funeral home forthe visitation of Olgar Fowler. Mr. Fowler had died early Friday morning. We saw Maggie and Tom Sullivan, Jim Bill Aikman and Shirley and Larry Aikman. Then Monday wasMr. Fowler's funeral services at the Gravelly Methodist Church. It is so amazing that this man lived to be 105 years old and he lived alone at Gravelly, after the death of his wife, until he was 104. His niece, Shirley Aikman, came to see about her Uncle every day andshe and Larry saw to his needs.. At the services, Joe Pickens did a wonderful job playing the guitar andsinging "One Day at a Time." Then he andthe minister Bro. Eddy Howell sang"Peace in the Valley." The eulogy wasgiven by Leut. Colonel Larry Aikman, Jr. It wasso good to listen to so many interesting things in the life of Mr. Fowler.

This coming Wednesday, the 12th, Loucinda and I plan to go to Muskogee,Ok. to the Azalea festival. Hopefully, my two cousins, Dortha and Peggy will go with us and Loucinda isalso picking up a friend in Ft. Smith. I'm looking forward to seeing the beautiful flowers..

In thinking of your blessings "Are you drinking from your saucer, cause your cup runneth over?"


  • Hey Mom, I've illustrated this article with a skinny long haired picture of me and a shot of the immortal kitty boots. how did that animal die anyway? I don't remember.

    By Blogger Mr Goodson, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home