GRAVELLY NEWS

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Is He Kin To You?



Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

Jack was sitting in an airplane when another guy took the seat beside him. The new guy was a wreck, pale, and hands shaking. "Hey, what's the matter?"Jack asked. "Oh man. I've been transferred to Arkansas" the other guy said."There's crazy people in Arkansas. They have shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, the highest crime rate." "Hold on," Jack interrupted,"I've lived in Arkansas all my life. It is not as bad as the media says.Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and it's as safe as anywhere in the world." The other passenger relaxed and stopped shaking for a moment and said"Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death, but if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?" "Me?" said Jack,"I'm a tail gunner on a beer truck in Pine Bluff."

We at Wing Community Church were certainly glad to have Louise Person back with us Sunday. Louise had a wonderful time in Alabama with her daughter, Annette and her family. Of course she really had a great time in Hawaii with Annette and her husband. There's really a vacancy when you have one of the "three Musketeers" gone consisting of Hazel, Edith, and Louise. I've never met ladies more dedicated to their Lord, their church and their friends.

My pastor, Bro. Shipley, is very forgetful. He makes notes,puts them in his pocket and forgets. He did that Sunday and someone in the congregation reminded him of a prayer request. Bro. Keith said,"Oh, I have that in my pocket."Johnny Turner turned around to me and said "Is he kin to you?"

I was at Nola Friday night to eat and shared a table with Marcus and Susan Richmond,the Gary Garners' daughter and son-in-law.It was fun eating with them--Marcus told me funny stories. Even though I protested, Marcus took my ticket to pay for my supper. I had gotten gasoline before I cam inside and intended to poay for my gasoline along with my supper. Well., Susan tells the cashier she wants to pay for Mrs. Glenna;'s too and he says $28, and I say"No, No, she's not paying for my gasoline!"

Friday, I took my car to a mechanic in EWaldron where I had gone before.
My cousin, Dortha Putman, met me at the Rock cafe,we ate a late breakfast--then went to Wal Mart and on to Dortha's to wait for my car.I also went by my cousin Fred Copeland's business to see him and Lou Ann. Peggy,his sister, was working for him that day so I also got to see Peggy. I don't get to visit with Fred much and I sat there amazed at how much like his namesake, our Uncle Fred Coopeland, he is. Dortha and I enjoyed just sitting and talking until my car was ready.

Five of us from Gravelly, traveled to the 1st Baptist Church of Danville, Thursday night to learn about Ivotronic Touch Screen Voting machines, we will use this year in voting. It was a very interesting meeting and the man that was teaching us was very knowledgable. I saw Tommy Mabry and his wife there. It's always good to talk to Tommy. Tommy and his wife live in Chula. Seeing Tommy always takes me back to memories of high school at F.V.

Kathy and Lacey Minnie went to the Free Will Baptist 5th Sunday meeting at Waldron, Saturday. I would go to those meetings with my Dad when I was a teen-ager and always enjoyed them. Kathy and Lacey went to See Aunt Syble in the nursing home, also.

Loucinda Buford had the pleasure of keeping her 6 year old grandson, Michael, this past week-end.. Saturday, I stopped to see Michael and we all decided we'd go to Dennus' and June Castleberry's to see their kitty cats.Of course, Michael really enjoyed that.

We had our 5th Sunday sing at Rover Baptist Church Sunday night. Emily Shipley sang two songs. Emily is very talented and I love to hear her sing. Mr. Cathey played the harmonica. Brenda Turner and her 7 year old granddaughter, Kaitlin McConnell, sang. That little girl can really sing and of course Brenda has a beautiful voice. Chris Light sang "3 Wooden Crosses" one of my favorite songs and that pretty bass voice Chris has, just made that song!I read a story I had written several years ago. June Hawkins and Scott Warren sang a duet. That was their first time to sing together and it was really good listening. The Rovers for Jesus ended our singing by singing two great songs!We then adjourned to the kitchen where we feasted on homemade icecream, sandwiches and desserts.

It's time to prepare for the F.V. reunion and one thing we do is to find all the addresses we possibly can so we can inform yhou of the reunion. Our 10 year graduating class of 1996 will be recognized but we hardly have any addresses. So I am going to list some names and PLEASE if yu have an address or phone number of any of these people, will you please call me at 479-299-4326 or write me at P.O. Box 57, Gravelly, Ar.72838 Here are the Names: Danny Fowler, Sergio Pena, Lisa Rogers, Tabitha Short, Melinda Whala

For the 25 year class which will also be recognized, the addresses we do not have are : Penny Duke, Lori Harvey Sparks, Beth McCafferty, Charles Moody, Sharron Ray, Fred Wilhelms and Bobby Yett. Please help us out.

Life Goes Quickly. Seize it !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home