GRAVELLY NEWS

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Are you subbing again?




Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

A man goes to see the Rabbi. "Rabbi, someting terrible is happening and I have to talk to you about it." The Rabbi asks "What's wrong?"The man replied,"My wife is poisoning me."The Rabbi, very surprised by this, asks,"How can that be?" The man then pleads,"I'm telling you,"I'm certain she's poisoning me, what should I do?" The Rabbi then offers,"Tell you what.. Let me talk to your wife,I'll see what I can fnd out and I'll let you know." A week later the Rabbi calls the man and says,"Well, I spoke to your wife. I spoke to her on the phone for three hours.You want my advice?" The man said yes and the Rabbi replied, "Take the poison!"


I am so sad that Doyce Potter of Bluffton is in the St. Mary's hospital at Russellville. Butterfly tells me that he was working on his tractor and a part came down on him, knocking him to the ground. She says it seemed the tractor then ran over him. Doyce was crushed from his knee to his thigh. He has 3 broken ribs and a broken collar bone. This morning, which is Thursday, Butterfly said the hospital had called her andthey were moving Doyce to I.C.U. because his pulse beat was too fast. Butterfly saidthe day of the accident their dog, that Doyce doesn't like very well, came to front door of her house with a stick in his mouth and he ran that stick back and forth on the door. When she opened the door, the dog ran and took her to Doyce.She told Doyce when he comes home he must feed that dog a steak. I pray that Doyce will soon be well.

Melba Reed tells me that Meechie Mabry is also in the hospital. Meechie had a fight with a bull on his farm and the bull won!!I sure hope Meechie gets better soon.

I was glad to see the 50th anniversary picture of Veaora and Newt Roberson in the Record this week. Such a good picture!!I'm hoping o go to their 50th anniversary celebration at the Gravelly lodge hall, Saturday. Fred grew up in Little Texas with the Roberson's as his neighbors. R.B., Newt's older brother, was Fred's special friend. A lot of winters have come and gone since that good time.

Wednesday, I was coming from Wing, and since it was lunch time, I thought I would stop at the FV school and have lunch with my sister, Kathy Minnie. I was goingto the lunch room and some ofthe elementary students were headed back to class. Several said,"MRS.GOODSON,:" and ran to hug me. They said,OH, are you subbing again?" and I had to say"No." I really enjoyed subbing those kids and Iam so glad they still enjoy seeing and talking to me.I had just seen Toby Morrison the day before at Plainview. He was one of my special students and he told me he was being home schooled now. I kinda had a fit.I saw in the gazette where the home schooled children are goingto be inspected better by the State Department of Education. I say hurrah for that. Anyway back to FV---Kathy and Lesa Davis had gotten their lunch tray andgoneto the library to eat. So I followed them over there and got to visit with Kathy, Lesa ,Bruce Lee andthe new English teacher. I found out that Bruce Lee is a lot of fun. All ofthose teachers really help us during our reunion every year.

I found out today that Mamie Glover is in the hospital at Waldron with pneumonia.I'm really sorry to hear about that. Loucinda talked to Mamie today from the hospital, and Mamie said she drove herself to the Dr. yesterday(Wednesday) and he sent her on to the hospital. She hopes to come home Saturday.

As I was going to Wing Wednesday, a huge deer ran in front of my car, just before I gotto Lofland's saw mill. Then a few miles down the road, 2 doe ran in frnt of my car. It was raining, the wind was blowing and I called Edie Turner and asked her about calling off our Wing church services for that night. After dark,I was afraid I wold not see those deer in time to stop. That 22 mile trip to Wingand my Rover church gets awfully long sometimes. Especially during deer season when the deer are escaping you hunters to run in front of my car to the ditch beyond. I don't like venison to eat, so I don't want to kill a deer with my car.

I was so amused to see in one of Barbara Johnson's fun books a cartoon of a man who thought he was answering his portable phone. His wife is saying,"No dear, the phone's working fine--you just answered the TV remote." I have never answered it, but I have dialed the remote, thinking it was the phone.Now admit it, haven't you done that?"

I sure am glad that my sister is here and I can spend Thanksgiving with her and her family. I KNEW there was some reason she came into my life when I was 17 Happy Thanksgivingto one and all!!

This week, use your gift of listening. --No interrupting--no daydreaming--no planning your answers--just LISTEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home