GRAVELLY NEWS

Thursday, July 13, 2006

You'd just have to hear her



Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

A couple of blonde men in a pickup truck drove into a lumberyard. One of the blonde men walked into the office andsaid "we need some four-by-twos." The clerk said,"You mean two-by-fours, don't you?" The man said,"I'll go check." and went back to the truck. He returned a minute later and said, Yeah, I meant two-by-fours. "Alright, how LONG do you need them?" The customer paused for a minute and said,"Uh--I'd better go check." After awhile the blonde returned to the office and said,"A long time, we're building a house."

Last month Dr. Sandberg celebrated a birthday. He says according to many of the restaurant menus, he is a senior citizen at 55.

At our food pantry at Rover Baptist Church last Tuesday we helped 8 families. We receive our food from Rice Depot and U.S.D.A..The people of our church also bring a lot of food and contribute money to buy food.How wonderful it is to help people in need.

I saw Chuck McCool in Fowlers last week He shared that his real estate business in Hot Springs Village is doing well.

There will be a smoking ban beginning July 21st. in Fowler's Cafe. Don't gripe at the employer, it is a state law.

Dorothy Aiustin ,of Nola, broke her foot last week. It is so swollen the doctors are waiting to see if they put on a cast or do something else. Dorothy was just walking in her yard and stepped in a hole. That is the same way I broke my arm many years ago. My family and I had come to Ar. for Easter. .As we were leaving to go back to OKC, stepped in a hole, fell and broke my right arm.Dorothy has a good job and having a broken foot will make it harfd on her, so I wish for her the best. I know Roy will take good care of her.

I received an educational e-mail warning me to not answer any phone message with the area code of 809. It seems the agency is located in the Bahamas that is making the calls. If you talk to them, you can be charged $2425 a minute!!It seems nothing can be done by your telephone company--it's left up to you not to talk to them. No one needs to warn me. I never answer the phone if it is an area code of which I am not familiar. I'm not all that wild about a phone. I mostly consider it a waste of time.I like to talk to Loucinda every day, just to check in and we make sure each other is alive, each day. I had much rather read a book or write a letter. Letters are more fun then telephone calls any day, as far as I am concerned.I guess I have seen too many mothers neglect their children by talking on a dumb phone!!Sorry Mr. Alexander Graham Bell!!

A friend from the Adventist Church gave me a loaf of bread that they purchase in Fayetteville. The bread is delicious. It has no flour nor oil in it. I'm hoping it has a lot less calories--I haven't asked yet I'm just eating twice as much and hoping for less calories.

It is so great that Elaine and Dale Lambert are the grandparents of triplets!!The triplets are almost 2 months old now--Two are home and one is still in Children's Hospital.at L.R. God's blessings on them!!

My sister and brother in law, Kathy and Lacey Minnie and Kathleen and her family left early Thursday morning for a short vacation in Branson. Lacey had his shoulder surgery Monday so I surely hope he is careful and that everyone has a good time.

A couple of weeks ago, the Adventist Church that has been meeting in the Ola Methodist Church while their church is being built, met in the club house at Ola, since there was a funeral in the Methodist church.Dr. Ruff preached the lesson which was a blessing. His daughter, Aaron played a piano spec ial for us.Dr. Ruff had chosen for her to play,"We Will Behold Him."There's not enough adjectives to describe her playing!You'd just have to hear her. I ate lunch with the church and sat by Aaron so I could talk to her. Many young people with her musical ability and a bright future assured for her in the medical field, wouldbe "full" of themselves. Aaron, on the other hand, is a humble person and she makes you feel that what you are saying is important to her. Now THAT is a gift!!

Since I will be leaving the 16th for OKC and will be gone for 10 days, I am sending my column in early so that it will be published for you readers next week. I will surely miss teaching the Bible Class at Wing--especially since we are having more people. I will also miss my S.Baptist Church at Rover.I will miss Bro. Shipley's sermons--Also I will miss Johnny Turner's teasing. He'll have to pick on Louise Gillum while I am gone!I

An observation: "Why must the phrase "It's none of my business," always be followed by "but"?

1 Comments:

  • Branson is a pretty fun place! You should go if you haven't. Some of the Branson hotels even have vacation package deals you can do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home