GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, August 28, 2006

Blue Hole out the Blue Ball road




Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

The following statements about the Bible were written by children. They have not been corrected.

.1. In the first book of the Bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating the world so he took the Sabbath off. 2. Jesus enunciated the golden rule, which says to do unto others before they do one to you. He also explained that a man doth not live by sweat alone. 3. St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached Holy Acrimony, which is another name for marriage.. 4.The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple. 5. The 7th commandment is Thou shalt not admit adultery. 6.Moses died before he ever reached Canada.Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol..7.Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines. 8.The Egyptians were all drowned in the desert. Afterwards,
Moses went up to Mount Cyanide to get the commandments.

Did you read the letter in the Democrat/Gazette from the guy that suggested restaurants should have a section for obese people? Now that is super tacky!!Maybe we should all pray that this man gets fat!!

Loucinda and I were in Russellville last week and dropped by to see two of her friends, Wayne and Pat Bradley.Wayne was the manager of the Social Security office in Russellville for many years and was Loucinda's boss.Wayne and Pat were baby-sitting their twin granddaughters. They are 5 years old and were looking forward to starting kindergarten the next week. It was such a fun visit , listening and talking with those beautiful little girls. Pat says she reads my article in the Record whle she is in the beauty shop. Good for her!!

I spoke to Jake, my great grand son, about his first week of kindergarten. He informed me he did not like recess!! I asked why and he said he fell off something he was riding and he skinned his knee so therefore he does not like recess. He is supposed to ride a school bus and the first day, Robyn said he had such a fit that they hadto take him to school.He gets on the bus now but he does not like it.I thought he would enjoy the school bus but it is scary for him.But he likes his teacher and school, so that is a plus!

I was talking to Cindy Moua about her little girl, Vanna's,first day of kdgn. at Waldron. I THINK the mother had more trouble then the child the first day of school for her. Cindy said she told Vanna, "moma will miss you today." and Vanna says"But Moma, I have to go to school."I told Cindy that when my first son began kdgn. I cried. I walked him to school and several other kids were walking from our block in the city of Tulsa. I walked with him for 3 days andthe 4th day, he says"Mom, I do not want you to walk with me today." Joe Maxey was in the Nola store listening to us talk and he said that when his first one began school he just missed him so much he thought about going to school and see how he was doing but decided against it!!I was glad I could hear a Dad express the same feelings a Mom had.

Loucinda and I went to Waldron last Thursday. We wentto my cousin, Dortha Putman's. Dortha had fixed us a good lunch. She and Loucinda went to get theri hair cut and then Loucinda and I wentto Mena to see Jonnie Sue Gillum Willis. Jonnie was in the re-hab facility there.We were so thrilled to see that she was doing really well.She told us she was coming home the 29th.Praise the Lord!!Her daughter, Paula, will stay with her mother as long as she needs her.Jonnie told us that the re-hab facility at Mena is one ofthe best in the state, as far as staff and their equipment.

I also went to see my Aunt Syble last Thursday in the Waldron nursing home.She was sleeping and was on oxygen so I did not try to awaken her.Aunt Syble is not doing well but I tell myself her body has just given out on her--she is almost 99 years of age and she is tired. My Aunt Syble is really a good .Christian lady. She was a wonderful wife to my Uncle Willie and a good mother to her 5 kids.

The 4th Sunday in August was always special to me when I was growing up. It was homecoming at Mulberry FWB Church. It was REALLY a homecoming. Our friends and relatives that had moved away, came back home. Different singing groups came and along with the others, sang all morning at the church--then at noon we had "dinner on the ground".We ate and visited and had so much fun. Then after lunch we went back in the church and sang until about 4 in the afternoon.My mother andthe other women in the community, would work all week getting ready forthe homecoming.They cooked and cooked and got their house ready for "company" cause our relatives wouldstay with us that weekend.Now, noone comes to sing or even visit, cause most ofthe family and friends that did grow up in Mulberry church are gone from this world.After my church Sunday, I went over and had a wonderful lunch, but no one wenbt back in to sing andthe only ones there were mostly the church members now, at Mulberry. Another memory of my teen age years, gone, and I so miss it.

I got an e-mail from my cousin Calton Highfill in Texas. He, his wife, a daughter, and son in law, and granddaughter are all coming to our F.V. school reunion the 9th of September. He said he wanted his children to see his ":roots". I told him to do as his brother Bily di when he brought his daughter. He immediately took her to the Blue Hole out the Blue Ball road. So I told Calton he should take his kids to the Blue Hole and tell them :"This is part of my roots."

My cousin, Sue Ann Highfill Cheatam, formerly of gravelly, lives in Broken Arrow, Ok. Her daughter, Terri, has just been diagnosed with a brain tumor. It is benign, andthey will use radiation to shrink the tumor. Please pray for Terri. Sue Ann and her sister Mary Lee also plan to be at the F.V school reunion. Leah Highfill Hogan ,of Little Rock and her husband also plan to be here. So 5 of the 6 Highfill children will be at our F.V reunion.

I was saddened at the death of Jean Aikman, the wife of Jim Bill Aikman of Russellville. My sympathy and prayers go out to Jim Bill and his family.

Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home