GRAVELLY NEWS

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A plan to keep the deer off the highway
















Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

A fellow named Joe wrote the following article-----He says---"yesterday I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow, at Wal-mart, for my wonder dog, Athena.I was about to check out when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog!!On impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again. Although I probably shouldn't, because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my body and IV's in both arms.I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the Way that it works is to load your pant's pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled by my story.) Horrifed, the ladyasked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no; I stepped off a curb to SNIFF an Irish Setter and a car hit us both. I thought the guy behind her was gong to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard!!WAL-MART won't let me shop there anymore!!!!

September 10th, our Gravelly Eastern Star honored our Masons by cooking a meal for them. We had 8 Masons attend and we were so pleased. Then later, at our Eastern Star Meeting, Shirley Jo Aikman received her 50 year pen. We were so glad Shirley came to receive her pen. She seemed proud to get her pen. Her mother, Mrs. Pearl Fowler, was always a faithful member of the Eastern Star. As I watched Shirley that night, I could just see Mrs. Pearl in those same blue eyes and her mannerisms. In Mrs. Pearl's and my Mother's day it was the "good ole days!!"

Remember and mark your calendar for October 13th--the FV school reunion. The day is fast approaching.

If you do not have a beautician and you live in the Ola area, you might try Charlotte King whose shop is next door to the exercise place. Charlotte is really great!! Last week as she was cutting my hair forthe 2nd time in 3 weeks, she asks, "Did you put Miracle Grow on your head?"My hair really grows fast.

Did you know that the very first Supreme Court justice, John Jay, said, " Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers." We seem to have strayed from that ideal in our country don't you think?

I am sad about the gentleman from Plainview with Demetia that has disappeared. A lady in Fowlers told me he went to take his regular walk and never returned. The authorities used dogs to find his trail but they got to the pavement and the trail ended. This lady told me the gentleman and his wife go to the First Baptist Church of Plainview. I pray for his safe return.

A friend at Gravelly, who will remain nameless, just hit her 8th deer with her car. I saw three in the ditch between Briggsville and Wing, where I hit one and about demolished my car. I wish the Game and Fish would come up with a plan to keep the deer off the highway.

As I am writing this article it is 9/11. Do you remember where you were when our country was attacked? I will never forget standing in my living room in OKC and watching, on TV, as those twin towers fell. Also I will always remember when our federal building in OKC was destroyed. I was teaching that day and the windows of our school shook and rattled, even though we were several miles from the building. Two terroist attacks that forever changed our country!!

I went to see my Doctor Friday. He gave me a prescription for OXYCLINTON--10mg. You know what that does? It relieves the stress of worrying about a woman president.

I close with another Burma Shave sign---Around the curve---Lickety Split--Beautiful Car---Wasn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home