GRAVELLY NEWS

Sunday, July 22, 2007

We did some shopping at Sams


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, jack asses, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?" "Yep, the wife replied, 'in-laws.'

Midge Whitlow called me last week. One of my expressions is "shoot a monkey" and Midge says "I told Don that Ms. Glenna has quit shooting monkeys and is now shooting at school board members!" She had read my article in the Ar. Gazette concerning the L .R. school board. I was so sorry to learn that recently Don had spent 5 weeks in a L.R. hospital. Don is home and doing better.

I saw John Young in Fowlers last week. John told me that he enjoyed my article in the Gazette.

Loucinda and I went to Fort Smith the 18th, to meet my cousin Billy Highfill,and Charles and Rita Daniel to plan for our FV reunion which will be October 13th. We met at the Golden Corral and our friend Bob Aaron Caviness came and had lunch with us.The restaurant gave us a private room that was a wonderful place for us to plan. Our server was there to bring us more coffee, tea or water and help in any way to make us more comfortable.We got a lot of work done. Then after our meeting, Loucinda and I went by the home of Bob Aaron and Mary Caviness. What a lovely home they have and we had a great visit. After leaving their home, we did some shopping at Sams.We stopped in Danville at Little John's and ate.I got back to Gravelly at 7:30, It was a long--but fun day.

My sister, Kathy Minnie,counselor at F.V. has been one ofthe 5 teachers from the 2 Rivers School District that has been studying the 6 geological regions of Ar. To do this study they are participating in several field trips. They have been to Petit Jean, Forrest City, the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, River Valley, Holla Bend. They have walked trails and studied rock formations. Sounds very interesting.

Do you ever read about a crime and it really bothers you because the crime has hurt innocent people Sometimes I say,:"God is really gong to zap them! That was the way I felt when I discovered that Jewel Marie Webb of Briggsville had all her corn stolen that she had in her freezer on her back porch. Jewel had worked so hard in her garden and putting up her corn, so I really believe that the person that did this, God is going to zap really bad!!

If you have not visited the

Plainview library you need to do so. They have wonderful books and one room that really impresses me is the Children's Library room.They have story hour for the children every Thursday from 2 until 3. Deidra Thurman is the story teller. When Deidra can't be there, Dean Blalock reads to the children.Eddie Howell, the Methodist minister of Plainview and Ola works in the library until noon on Saturdays. The librarian, Jan Loney is so helpful and kind.That's more then I can say about SOME librarians at other libraries around.I had some sermon notes from Joe Harrison I wanted copied and Jan copied them for me. There was a picture that Loucinda and I wanted to use for our FV reunion. Jan really went the second mile and met me at the library Saturday as I was coming from the Adventist Church. Jan used the scanner and the picture was so much better. I appreciate the caring attitude Jan and the others in the library have.

Saturday, I saw Betty Johnson at the Farmer's market in Plainview. Betty has had many surgeries the past few months. About 3 weeks ago she had the arteries opened up in her neck at the heart hospital in L.R. Betty has really an optimistic attitude and I wish her well.

Try this sometime--Order a diet water when you go out to eat--with a serious face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home