GRAVELLY NEWS

Friday, May 25, 2007

The lab coordinator


Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men aong the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate"Why are yu eating grass?" he asks one of the men.'We don't have any money for food,"the poor man replied."We have to eat grass."Well then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you." the lawyer said "But sir, I have a wife and two children with me, they are over there under that tree."Bringthem along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he said"You come with us too,"The second man, in a pitiful voice said"But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me." Bring them all, as well ,the lawyer answered. They all entered the car which was not easy, even for a car as large as the limousine was. Once underway, one ofthe poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said,"Sir you are too kind.Thank you for taking all of us with you."The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place. The grass is almost a foot high!"

Our valley is saddened at the untimely death of Melissa Sherril,. Melissa is one of the "Fowlers" and worked at the Plainview Fowlers. She was only 29 years of age when she was killed one morning this week in a car accident as she was drivng to work. Melissa was so sweet and pretty and I keep remembering that pretty blonde hair and brown eyes.Melissa leaves behind 3 little girls. My love, sympathy and prayers go out to the family.

At the Brad Hunnicutt concert I met Willy and Pam Humphreys. Willie's Dad was Fiddler Humphreys and mother was Nadine Hunnicutt. I also met Lovene Watkins Morgan whose mother was Vivian Hunnicutt. She told me she realy enjoyed my column. She says she enjoys reading about J.B.Wagner cause he is the other side of her family.And I was glad to see Leo and Bobbie Hunnicutt--parents of Brad. I believe that Bobbie has fallen into a fountain of youth--she looks so young and pretty.

At the funeral of Louise Person , we celebrated her life.Louise loved her Lord and her family.Her family really rise up and call her blessed.Rover Baptist Church took food to the family. Louise loved Rober church--she was a member there for several years and all 7 of her children were saved there. She had been a member ofthe Wing church for several years and there was just something unique about gong to Wing Church and meeting with Louise, Edie and Hazel. My son Ellis that visited with me one time, says there is just a special feeling you get as you enter the church. When I had to be gone, Louise would teach the Bible class. The Pattons, Tim, Becky and Emily sang "Serenaded by Angels" and it was truly beautiful. I told someone that the piano there was 100 years old but with Becky Patton playing, you never would know it. Louise leaves quite a legacy in 7 children 15 grandchildren and 10 greatgrandchildren.

Kelly Virbel, niece of Jody Sandberg, goes to work June 4th at Ar. Tech Univ. She will work in the chemistry lab as the lab coordinator. I am so proud of Kelly and I know she will do well. She will also contiue her education--which includes getting into medical school,as she works.

I talked to Butterfly Potter this week. She says Doyce is dong much better since all those weeks he suffered because of his accident when he was working on his truck. Doyce even was able to use his riding mower and mow their lawn this week.

Think on this--a man has a flat--he pulls over to the side ofthe road and is changing his tire. A fellow pulls up by the side of him asks"Oh, did you have a flat?" The man replies, "No I just pulled over here to rotate my tires."

Katie Fickle's army son is fighting in Bagdag now..He saved two of his buddy's lives and received a medal for this.

Tell someone this week that yu love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home