GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, May 07, 2007

Can you believe he trusted me to drive his truck?


Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson

The local sheriff in a small town was looking for a deputy. He posted ads in the paper, and sure enough, Lisa, a wonderful looking blonde, went in to try out for the job. he wasn't the sharpest nail in the bucket, but seeing that she had a pleasantness about her, the sheriff gave her an interview. 'kay," the sheriff dtrawled, lisa, what is 1 and 1?" "11" she enthusiastically replied.. he sheriff thought to hmself,"That's not what I meant, but she is right in a way." "okay, Lisa, what two days of the week start with the letter"T?" "Shucks, that;s easy, Today and Tomorrow!" he sheriff was again surprised that Lisa supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself.. He thought of his next question carefully to make sure there would be no misunderstanding about the answer. "Now,Lisa, listen carefully. Who killed Abraham Lincoln?" Lisa looked a little surprised, thought really hard for a minute andfinally admitted, "I don't know." "Well why don't you go home and work on that one for a while,"the sheriff replied. So Lisa wandered over to the salon where her pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. How'd it go?" they all asked. Lisa was so happy. "It went great! First day on the job and I'm already working on a murder case!"


I am so proud of Paul Anthony of F.V. school. The grandson of Larry and Shirley Aikman has been accepted by the School for Math, Sciences and the Arts at Hot Springs..Paul will move into the dormitory there in August.So Paul will spend the last two years of high school in this school. He will receive his high school requirements, plus college classes. Paul is a special young man, and I wish
him well.

Tommy Vanover is mowing the Parks cemetery now Tommy informed me that there will be a donation box at the cemetery where we can place our donations.I understand Bruce Lee made the donation box andalso he is making the donaton boxes for other cemeteries. Bruce Lee is a master at many things and Iam so glad he is in our Valley and one of our teachers at F.V.

Bill and Yvonne Workman traveled to Tahlequah,Ok. to see their grandson, Dustin Ray Workman graduate from college. Dustin graduated this past Saturday.While Bill and Yvonne were gone, their daughter, Robin, ran the store for them.

At the end of your day, do you stop to be grateful for friends that have blessed you this day?Bill Workman doesso much to help me, It's not in his job description to check the oil in my car, add oil and power steering fluid, but he does.How thankful Iam that Bill and Yvonne opened their store at Gravelly. Bill got my Toyota running--put in a radiator andbeat out the hood to where it is okay. Bill is a jack of all trades.

Two Sundays ago I hadcar trouble just as I had started over the Danville mountain. A very nice patrolman came to see if he could help me. Icalled my sister andasked her to try to get hold of Johnny Turner from my church, to come after me. The patrolman stayed with me until Johnny got there. Johnny started immediately fussing at me and griping at me and I would just yell backat him. The patrolman just stood there, looking at us strangely.. Finally he says to Johnny,"Sir, you sure are griping at her," and Johnny says,Well, that is my calling" and the patrolman says,"well you're certainly living up to your calling." Johnny drove me to the Rover church where he was doing some work. He told me I could drive his truck to my house anddrive it back that night for our Butterflies meeting and church. Can you believe he trusted me to drive his truck? I was glad I got it back to him in one piece--didn't even hit a deer!! Bless Johnny for being a friend when I really needed someone. He also took me home after church.

I went with Loucinda Buford to the decoration at Rover and then on to Bluffton Baptist Church and the cemetery to see friends there. We took food and ate at the Rover park with the people that had gathered to eat together and then go on to decoration at the Rover cemetery. I was so gladto see the Gillums that were there, the McCools and Bob Anderson.Harold Gillum's brother, Pat was there with his wife, beautiful daughter, son in law and two little grandsons. It is alwaysso great to talk to Pat andhis family. You go away feeling good just from being in their company.Bob Anderson is always so interesting cause he can give you a history ofthe alley. He told Loucinda that you can choose your friends but you just have to accept your relatives---he and Loucinda are distant relatives and Loucinda told him they couldbarely match their DNA.

Chuck
McCool informed us that he was having acustomer appreciation day at Plainview Park, June 16th. They will have food and entertainment. The Acausticatz band will be the entertainment along with Kelly Hill that will sing. POete Brown ,frm the band, was at the Rover POark with us. POete was the state fiddle champion one year. If you want to learn more about the band go to www. acausticatz. com on your comouter. sure wish Icould attend but I have an appointment in OKC to have eye surgery during that time. At Bluffton I visited with the Ferguson's, ,S.A, Mary Alice andBetty. I was tempted to cut off .S.A,'s legs cause he says, "Glenna Jean what has happened to you--you are not the LITTLE Glenna Jean I knew at F.V" Well, no, unfortunately I havw grown and it is not in height.!! It was good to see the Aikman brothers andCharles and Rita Daniel. I got to see pictures of the beautiful Daniel greatgrand daughter. I walked over thecemetery with Leslie Harvey. He and June take care ofthecemetery there at Bluffton, and they do a wonderful job.They also donated an American flag they have installed in the cemetery.The flag has a light on the top.

Have you noticed that when you combine the two words "The IRS" that it reads Theirs.?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home