GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, February 11, 2008

Glenna endorses Hillary


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

Don was a single guy living with his father and working the family business. When he found out he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a wife with which to share his fortune. One evening at an investment seminar, he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man," he said to her, but in a few years my father will die, and I will inherit 20 million dollars." Impressed, the woman obtained his business card and 3 days later she became his STEP-MOTHER. Women are so much better at estate planning than men !!


When I get my mail, I usually go back to my car and read any letters I receive and read the daily paper. Sue Hunt came to the post office Monday and saw me in my car. She stopped and said ,"Glenna, if this wasn't my second time to come to the post office today, i would swear you'd been here since Saturday." Sue says retirement is going well for her. She looked awfully pretty and all rested.

The voting at Gravelly last Tuesday was a little sparse. We had 25 to vote. I realize a lot of people don't vote in the Primary. It was good to work with Mae Jones, Nell Hunnicutt, Shirley Walker and Cincy Clements, I had not seen Nell in quite some time and it was good to see her. Nell will have a knee replacement in March. I wish her well.

Nell's son, Billy, came to check on her a couple of times. I asked him about his pretty little girl, Katelin, who was 6 years old, the 8th..He said Katelin told him a few days ago that when she was 16 and had her driver's license, she was gong to buy a truck and trailer and go to the rodeo whenever she wanted. Billy asked her how she was going to pay for her gasoline and she said, "Oh, I'm gong to charge the gasoline to you !" Good girl ! Katelin is only in Kdgn, but she can already read and reads several books per week.

Aaron and Jennifer Rhoades have adopted a little girl who is 14 months old. Her name is Gracie. I saw Gracie Saturday at the Adventist Church and she is so pretty. Jennifer had her all dressed up. May God bless this couple and Gracie.

I stopped by Fourche Valley School Friday and went to the Library Book Fair. Bruce Lee was there and we were talking about the voting Tuesday. Bruce says, "Ms. Glenna, I told everyone that the Hillary Campaign Headquarters was at your house." When I had a fit, he said "And I have a truck load of yard signs that say, "Glenna endorses Hillary." I threatened to cut off his legs ! He took off his cap and said "I cut my own hair." Well, I saw why he was wearing a cap. !

Kelly Virbel and I will attend a basketball game at Ar. Tech the 16th. It will be fun and I will get to shop at my favorite place, Hastings

February 8th was my husband's 77th birthday. I called him in OKC to wish him happy birthday. I asked him how he was feeling and he said "bad." When I asked him what was wrong, he replied in a really pitiful, sickly, voice, "I am 77 today !"

As I was leaving the basketball game at Plainview last week, Chuck McCool hollers at me and asks, "Are you sure you can find your way home ?" Now, Chuck, all I had to do was to turn right instead of left when I left the game and I had it made.

Kevin Abrams of F.V received a scholarship from Ar. Tech University. Two of Kevin's sisters have already received scholarships and I'm sure the youngest, Katie, will also receive one cause she is a brilliant kid. God gave all these kids a brilliant mind. I want them to remember that "to those whom much is given, much is required." I congratulate Kevin.

Now you are going to have to be bored cause every week I am going to tell you how I have done on the One Step weight loss program. that I attend in Danville. I lost 5 pounds last week !!Yea, Yea !! When I left the meeting Sunday afternoon I meant to hurry to my church at Rover for the Valentine Banquet. Well I went out the wrong door of the church at Danville and could not find my car. I searched a long time before I found it and you guessed it, I was so turned around I got lost !! I saw I was gong the wrong way and turned around and I finally wound up at Sav A Sum ! Oh, well I needed groceries but I was too late now for the Banquet. So I just got groceries and I know my way home from Sav A Sum so I made it home. I'm going to have to drop bread crumbs from the parking lot to the room where I meet in the church.

Remember, Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here, we should dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home