GRAVELLY NEWS

Sunday, January 27, 2008

But now their eyes are open


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

Bill Clinton was jogging one m orning andsaw a little boy by the side of the road with 3 little pouppies in a box. Bill goes over to look at the puppies and talk to the little boy. The boy said, "Mr. Clinton, these are Democrat puppies." Bill jogs away chuckling at the little boy's statement. Two days later he and Hillary go jogging together.Bill sees the same little boy with the puppies and tells Hillary he wants her to see the puppies and listen to the little boy. They jog over and Bill says,"I see you still have your puppies." The little boy replies, "Yes sir, these are Republican puppies" Bill says, "Wait a minute, you told me two daysago that they were Democrat puppies"--The little boy says, ":Yes,but now their eyes are open


John Meredith at Gravelly has purchased 5 of my books from the inter-net. My friend, Kelly, has purchased one. John has sent some of the books to Ca. to his friends. Kelly has loaned hers to family in Ola,so I am proud that at least some have purchased the book. Remember just type in LuLu Publishing co and type in glenna goodson. It would be fun if more of my readers would purchase the book..

I went to visit Velma and Buel Thompson last Tuesday. I really enjoyed the visit. Velma and I talked about the joy of our teaching careers. Velma was sucha good teacher and really loved the children. I believe Velma taught at FV for 17 years. Buel was in the 5th grade class I taught the year I taught at FV and we had fun remembering the good times

I saw Boots Rhoades at Gravelly last week. That man must have fallen into a fountain of youth. He doesn't look any older then he did 20 years ago.

John Young introduced me to his brother, last week at Plainview Fowler's. I told the brother the last person John had introduced me too that we had quite a political conversation, so I'd better find out what political party he supported. He tells me he's not quite sure which party he favors but he certainly knows what he is NOT/ Another young man joined in and we had quite a discussion, which was very energeticat times. A young lady was sitting at the back and was listening and smiling through it all. She got up to leave and as she went by us, she says "It's been very enlightening."

We have a miracle among us in the person of Sadie Fowler. Two weeks ago when Sadie wasbrought from the heart hospital to the Danville hospital the Doctorsays, "We'll just keepo her comfortable because her time is short." Well Sadie is HOME and is doing well.Trina, her granddaughter, told me they had a little party for Sadie on her 89th birthday, on the 19th. Two daughters are taking turns staying with her.

I found out the 21st that Achel Fulmer was near death. I called Wayne Rhoades Tuesday night to see about Achel andWayne said "he has not had his graduation yet but it is close." The graduation came Wednesday mornng the 23rd. Achel wasa kind, sweet, Godly man, As part of his legacy, he leaves the wonderful historical post cards he did of our valley. You can find them at Emerson's at Rover and at Bill Workman's at Gravelly.

My little friend, Kelly, has asked me to go to a Russellville Tech basketball game with her--sounds fun.

I'm looking forward to going to L.R. soon to a Women of Faith meeting with some of the Rover BaptistChurch ladies. I have gone one time and it was really a blessing--and fun too.

TheseFV ballgames are really exciting.. This past Thursday night FV played against Oden. Our Jr. girlsgot beaten soundly. Our Jr.boys won 47 to 35. Our Sr. girls were also smashed but the Sr. boy's game was fantastic. I was so enthralled, Kathy Lott said I was sweating with excitement. I have not seen our boys play such fast, tough ball all year. Gee, I thought I was transported back in time to 1950-51 and was watching Charles Daniel, Dennus Castleberry, Robert Buford, Billy Highfill and Bob Oglesbee playing ball again.The final score was FV 75 and Oden 68

I talked to Laurie Gagne at the last two ball games at FV. Laurie hasa 4.0 point average this semester at Ar. Tech. Altogether she has a 3.8 grade point average. I am really proud of Laurie. She has two more semesters and then Student Teaching.

My granddaughter, Robyn, will be finished with her college class from Francis Tuttle in OKC, in Feb.--she will be a doctor's assistant.She has applied at some doctor's offices andgot a call from a Dr. in Edmond, Ok. asking her to work for her. The Dr. told her she could work until Robyn enters the Univ. of Central Ok in Edmond, to prepare to be a registered nurse. The Dr. was willing to wait the 4 weeks until Robyn graduates andis able to start working. God is so good !!

Monday night, the 21st, Iattended the Women of Faith meeting at Wing (NOT the ones that travel all over the U.S and will be at LR) Thisgroup meets at the Promise Land at Wing every third Monday night of the monthBecky Patton wasour speaker and she shared with us the 1 step weight loss program that is Biblically based. Iamvery excited about this program and want to take part in their meetings that they conduct in Danville 1st Baptist Church once weekly. Becky has lost over 60 pounds by following the program and she said the Bible study has blessed her life. Then it was time for the fun part of our meeting We had a fashion show. We had3 ladies that really were beautifully dressed--but oh my, you should have seen the last two--the models with teeth missing and "strange" dresses., shoes and hats, were a riot !! Susan Jones was so sweet and drove me home and Bambi Jones followed us and took Susan home from my house. That was so kind of Susan because she was concerned about me driving at night. To be a Christian is to be Christ like and it is wonderful to have Christians like Susan in my life.

Remember if God takes you TO it, He will take yu THROUGH it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home