GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, October 22, 2007

The devil sent me a credit card


Gravelly news byG lenna Goodson

A little old lady answered a knock on the door one day, only to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner. "Good morning.: said the young man. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners. "Go away!" said the old lady. "I haven't got any money!", I'm broke!" and she proceeded to close the door. Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed wide open.Don't be too hasty, he said, "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration." And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure on to her hallway carpet. "If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces ofthis horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder. The old lady stepped back and said, " Well I hope you've got a really good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning."


Last Monday night I attended the Women of Faith meeting at the Promise Land Center at Wing. It was a good meeting and I had really a good time. Pastor Dan prepared Pizza for our meal and dessert Pizza too. It was yummy!!!It was so good to see Susan Rhoades, Kathy Lott, Shirley
Maxie, Mary Powell and two of her daughters, Jordan and Brittany. I was glad to renew acquaintances with Joyce Evans and her daughter Amy Pierce. Shirley Maxie's daughter, Christy Dees was there and I was glad wo leaarn that Christy is teaching Kdgn. in Waldron Schools. She told us one of her funny experiences--she has Hispanic children in her class that are having trouble with our English language.. She asked a 5 year old Hispanic to count andthe girl counted to 10.Christy says"That is good, can yu count any higher?" The little girl raised her arm HIGH in the air and started counting to 10 again. Kids, aren't they great ?

The Promise Land allows the kids that ride the F.V. bus to get off the bus there for a fun time after school. The first thing they do is help the kids with their home work. Then they can play games with supervision.I volunteered to help with the kids and I look forward to doing that on Thursdays.

I attended the FV ball game Tuesday night. F.V. played County Line. They lost their first two games but the Sr. boys won.

Thursday night I had a good time at F.V Fall Festival.First of all the royalty, boys and girls kdgn. thru 12th marched in. All of the kids were pretty and handsome. I was so proud of my favorite 7th grader. Toby Morrison. He lookedso nice all dressed up. He said "Mrs. Goodson, look at my shoes." That 7th grader already wears a 12 1/2 size shoe.!! Good foundation there, Toby. I played bingo sitting nextto my brother in law, Lacey. He won--I did not. Then I participated in the cake walk. Bruce Lee was in charge ofthe cake walk and gee, he told me to pay attention !!Again, I was walking next to Lacey--he won a cake and I did not !!! But it was fun anyway.

I worked in our church's food pantry last Tuesday. We helped 4 people with food. One was a young man and as he was writing his name, I noticed he had beautiful hands. I told him that he had musician hands and he said he playedthe bass and was part of a band. I wish good days forthis young man.

John Meredith says to me, "the devil sent me a credit card so I bought another 4-wheeler and gave it to my wife." John and his wife are having fun riding their 4-wheelers.

I want to tell you a funny true story. I know these people and they live in OKC. Mary, an elderly lady decided she did not want to pay for cable t.v. any more so she contactedthe cable people to remove the cable--which they did. She toldthe people in her church that she had her cable removed. A week later she came up to a guy in her church andsaid "Gary, I want you to come see what is wrong with my t.v. On the back on the TV it says "Cable Ready," but I can't get cable !! Gary had to explain to Mary the meaning of Cable Ready.

The Wing Commjunity Church had Janet Harrison visit us Sunday morning. Sunday night 3 ofthe King family were there.We were blessed by the visitors.

Good advice---Never approach a bull from the front--a horse from the rear--or a fool from any direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home