GRAVELLY NEWS

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I will miss that smile!!


Bob and his wife live in Wisconsin. One winter morning while listening to the radio, they hear the announcer say,"We're going to have 4-6 inches of snow today. ou must park your car on the even numbered side of the street so rhe snowplow can get through."Bob's wife goes out and moves her car. A week later while they are eating breakfast, the radio announcer says,"we are expecting 6-8 inches of snow today, You must park your car on the odd numbered side ofthe street or the snowplow can't get through. Bob's wife goes out and moves her car again. The next week they are having breakfast again when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 8-10 inches of snow today, you must park-----------" " then the electricity went off. Bob's wife is very upset, and with a worried look on her face she says,"honey, I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park so the snow plow can get through?" With the love and understanding in his voice like all men who are married to blondes exhibit, Bob says, "Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time?"


Random acts of kindness just bless us when we are down. I was in a Dollar Store here in OKC. I had stopped on the way home after shopping all afternoon. The traffic on the OKC streets was bumper to bumper and I was tired and very stressed out. I had my hands full of merchandise and was standing in line to check out. This elderly lady(probably ablut my age!) had a basket and as she got by my side she asks would I like her basket. I thank her and said I was O.K. She looked at the man that was with her and said "I could always get another basket for myself."Now that is kind!!

My husband went to another neurologist Monday. This Dr. seems to think Fred isstill having mini strokes, but still no medication. Go figure!! Fred goes back Friday for a check up that will include his heart and lungs.

Sunday as I attended my former church, I was asked to teach the ladies' class the 31st.I am so excited about this because there are several ladies in the class that were in my former Sunday School class here at Mayridge. On the 24th there will not be a regular service--instead you can come and participate in a silent Lord's Supper. If you have never done that, it is really a worshipful time.

Maggie and Thomas Sullivan will be visiting Maggie's twin, Marie, and her husband, Brehman Herrin, in Tulsa the 1st.Maggie e-mailed me that I can ride back to Ar. with them. So Russell will take me the 3rd to Tulsa and I can ride to Russellville with Maggie and Tom and probably Kathy can pick me up at Russellville and bring me back to Gravelly. I will be back in time to play the piano for an Eastern Star in another town that some of our Eastern Star members in Gravellty have been asked to help them in an initiation.

Betty Jones of Wing, relayed the fact that our Rover Baptist Church had their Christmas program last Sunday. Betty said the program was excellent and we are so thankful for Melanie Sawyer who put it all together. I'm so sorry to have missed the performance. Melanie did an excellent job last year, so I am sure this year was great, also.

Frieda Banning took Loucinda Buford to the Dardanelle Club for Loucinda's birthday. Loucinda's birthday is Christmas Day.

My Aunt Syble Copoeland died Tuesday at the Waldron Nursing Home. I thought she might make it to her 100th birthday but that will be celebrated in Heaven.My Aunt Syble was a wonderful wife and mother. She and my Uncle Willie Copeland had 5 children of which 2 boys and 2 girls are still living. Aunt Syble loved music and loved to sing. When times were hard she still had a smile and was cheerful. She loved her Lord and lived faithfully for Him. I will miss that smile!!

Loucinda Buford will host a New Year's Eve party at her home in Wing. Her guests will include Dennus and June Castleberry, Dr. Shelly Tippin and her two children, Frieda Banning, O.L. Briggs, Scott Buford and perhaps Loucinda's friend, Diane. I was sure hoping to be there but we never know what tomorrow has for us.

Remember on Christmas Day, these words,"For Unto Us is born, today, in the city of David,a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home