GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, January 22, 2007

What A Friend We Have in Jesus


Gravelly news by Glenna Goodson


A man and his wife are awakened at 3 o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger stands in the pouring down rain. "Can you give me a push?" he asks while hanging onto the door frame. "Not a chance": says the husband--it's 3 o'clock in the moring!" he slams the door and returns to bed. "Who was it?" asks his wife. "Just some drunk wanting a push" he answers. "Did you help him?" she asks. "No, I didn't--it's 3 o'clock in the morning and raining like crazy out." "Well you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down oin vacation and those two strangers helped us? I think you should help him." The man does as he is told and gets dressed and goes out into the pounding rain and calls out into the dark,"Hello, are you still there?" "Yes" comes the answer. "Do you still want a push?" asks the husband. "Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark. "Where are you?" asks the husband. "Over here on the swing!" the drunk replies.


Did you ever wonder how come when you mix flour and water together, you get glue and when you add eggs and sugar you get cake--where does the glue go? The glue makes the cake stick to our hips.

Loucinda and I went to Waldron last Thursday. My cousins Dortha and Peggy are moving to other apartments.The apartments are in the same complex but they are in a quieter area. We helped them unload some boxes from their cars and we loaded Loucinda's car with boxes and unloaded them at their new apartments. Their apartments are side by side and they are happy about that. Dortha is selling her piano so if you need a piano, call me at 299-4326 and I will let Dortha know.It's a nice piano with a really good sound. Loucinda had a beauty shop appointment so after we moved a fewe boxes, all of us went to eat at the Charbroiler. Then we unloadedsome boxes, I went with Loucinda to get her hair cut and then she took me to the grocery store. All in all we had a good day!

My dear friend since 7th grade, Melba Reed, writer of Aly news, will have colon surgery this coming Thursday.The surgery will be at St. Joseph's hospital at Hot Springs. The cancerous area will be removed. The doctors believe the cancer is contained in this one area so we need to pray that this is true and all the cancer will be removed.. Melba desires our prayers.

Today, Saturday, was the funeral of Waylan Defoor's grandson who was shot to death in Russellville the beginning of this week. My sympathy and love goes out to Waylan and the rest of the family. I told my sister if it were my grandson, I would cry forever. It is so sad.

Coming back from Ola, Friday, I remembered that Kim, at the Plainview Auto place had told me when I got gasoline to come let her check the oil, since the week before when she checked it, I had to have 3 quarts of oil. Well, Kim, put a couple of quarts of oil under her arm and took off to my car. When she measured the oil, she says, "You have no oil in your car." She put 3 quarts of oil in and some stop leak. A;lso my power steering was low and she put in power steering fluid. Kium is an angel in disguish.

I saw Midge and Don Whitlock at Fowlers Friday. Don said he "believed" it was 7 stints the Doctor has placed in his heart. The heart medicine Midge takes could have deadly side effects so the doctor took her off the medicine and she will go to a hospital in L.R. the first part of February, where they will do tests to see if she can stay off the medicine. I pray that Midge can stay off the medicine. She gave me two oranges and they were really good.

I visited the Adventist Church in Ola, Saturday. It had been a couple of months since I had seen my friends there and I was so glad to see them. Kelly Virbel, the Sandberg's niece, told me she decided to use Google on her computer and run her name t osee what she could find. The only thing that came up was two of my columns where I had talked about Kelly!!That is funny!! The sermon was by Joe Harrison and it blessed my heart. Joe was dressed as a Jew in the time of Jesus. Joe Jew showed us so well what he, as a Jew, learned from Jesus.Bo Hutchison played the piano and sang a good song and Dr. Sandberg played the guitar and sanf "What A Friend We Have in Jesus." It was a great service!!

At the church in Wing, Sunday, we studied 2nd Kings, 3rd. chapter. We had 2 of the King boys come to our services and we were glad to see them. Then on down to Rover to my church, I go. We had good singing--Bil and janette Milligan sang a special. Bro. Shipley brought a wonderful message from God's word so I had a wonderful Lord's Day. A lady at my church, Gene Morrison, always says, "I love you, Glenna.:" In this cold, unloving world, Gene always makes me know God still has those that show love.

Remember this "Just cause you put boots in the oven, doesn't make them biscuits."(things are not always as they seem).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home