GRAVELLY NEWS

Saturday, May 03, 2008

I'd just wade in that beautiful water and be so content


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

A little boy wanted $100 badly and prayed for 2 weeks but nothing happened. Then he decided to write a letter to the Lord requesting the money. When the postal authorities received the letter addressed to the Lord, they decided to send it to the President. The President was so impressed, touched, and amused that he instrructed his secretary to send the little boy a 10 dollar bill. The President thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy. The little boy was delighted with the money and sat down to write a thank you note to the Lord which read: --Dear Lord, Thank you very much for sending me the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you had to send it through Washington and as usual, those jerks deducted 90%. Love, Tommy


My neighbor across the road from me will not plant a garden this year so I asked her could I use some of the space to plant a few things. I plan to have, peppers, cucumbers, squash, okra and tomatoes. Gee Waylan Defoor has the most beautiful garden--it looks as if it is ready to harvest.

My cat is expelled from my housecaause she has fleas and brought them into my house. So Sister knows unless Ican get rid of her fleas, she will just have to stay outside.

Two weeks ago we at Rover Baptist Church had 70 in attendance. Some of our regulars were gone thisweek. I wish it was like back in the good ole days when most everybody went to church.I listen to Bro. Shipley and i think how people are just missing out on hearing the Word of God preached so effectively, Sunday after Sunday.

Chuck McCool told me that the youth of Plainview Ist Baptist Church were having a 4-wheeler rally on the Danville Mtn. May 3rd. I hope they had a good rally.

April 30th I met the youjng Spanish couple that have rented Sam Turner's building next door to the fitnesscenter at Ola. The young lady told me they planned to have ice cream and would sell already prepared Mexican food. Sounds good!!

The Laurel Caviness home in Gravelly has been sold. Amy Pierce and her husband have bought the home. I was so excited when I knew Amy would be my neighbor--she is funny and full of tricks. I will need to think of a "moving: joke to play on Amy.

The last Saturday in April, after church services at the Adventist Church at Ola, Kelly Virbel, her friend Anthony, Karl and Jody Sandberg and I went on a picnic,We went to Lake Nimrod. It wasa beautiful day and Dr, Karl, Kelly and Anthony took their bicycles and rode for miles. Jody walked Anthony's big Husky, Ivan. She didn't do much walking cause that big dog just dragged her along. We had good food and great fellowship with one another. Such a great day !!My Dad and Mother loved picnics and when I would come for a visit, Mama would fix a great picnic lunch. Daddy wouldalways go to a beautiful creek and would park by that beautiful, rolling stream. He would pull down the tail-gate of his truck and we'd eat the delicious food. After we ate, Daddy might take his fishing pole and go fishing. I'd just wade in that beautiful water and be so content. Such wonderful memories !!


Remember----Great minds duscuss ideas----Average minds discuss events----Small minds discuss people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home