GRAVELLY NEWS

Monday, July 21, 2008

I wanted my hair to look just like that


Gravelly News by Glenna Goodson

A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to the customer. "This is the duimbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you." The barber puts a dollar;; in;; one hand and 2 quarters in the other hand. "Which do you want, son?" The boy takes the two quarters and leaves. "What did I tell you ?" said the barber,"That kid never learns." Later the customer leaves and he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. "Hey, son. could I ask you a question?Why do you take the quarters instead of the dollar?" The boy licked his icecream cone and replied,"Because the day I take the dollar, the game's over."


I congratulate Mary Fisher upon being elected to the Ar. Press Association Board of Directors.Since this association is involved in helping protect basic freedoms of press, speech, and the Freedom of Information Act, it is a very important Association.. Again congratulations to Ms. Fisher.

My cousin Ted Copeland was talking about high school at FV.He was in
Mrs. Lowe's class and she asked them how many had running water in their homes. Ted raised his hand and Mrs. Lowe said, "Ted I didn't know your family had running water."Ted says,"When Mama says "Water, I RUN to get it. "

I have a job for Bruce Lee's bull. I can hardly get to my little garden cause of the weeds and grass. The bull could eat all the weeds and tall grass. --but how do I teach him not to eat my squash, Okra, and cucumbers.?

Weston, the son of Alan Ray and Cynthia Austin mows my lawn. He does a great job. He weed eats too, and makes it so pretty. Weston told me he mows 9 lawns this summer. . I look at Weston and I see a wonderful young man that doesn't mind working to make money for school and fun things. What a wonderful Christian family !!Another young man I admire is Clay Beggs. I received a thank you note from Clay thanking me for his graduation gift. . He thaniked me for my gift but he said he also wanted to thank me for always coming to FV and watching him play basketball.He said he hoped I came to Ar. Tech next year and watched him play. You bet I will !!Clay's note meant a lot to me.

I visited with my Copeland cousins, Dortha Copeland Putman and Peggy Copeland Brothers, at Waldron Wednesday. Peggy had to work and Dortha and I went to Mena .We ate a steak at the "Chopping Block". It was very good. We shopped in Herods.I like that store. We also went to Atwoods and Wal-mart. Dortha and I both purchased flowers to plant in our flower
gardens. We came back to Waldron where I visited with both Peggy and
Dortha . Peggy's big Quaker bird died. She was very lonely so she purchased a Yorkie-Po little dog. Dortha has a new Yorkie and she is beautiful. Her name is Ellie Mae. The first time Peggy's little dog heard the TV she barked for 20 minutes--I guess she had never heard that noise
before. It wasa good day for all of us.

Billy Jack and Margaret Bogle's oldest granddaughter,Kristi Nicole . is in Washington D.C. working for the public defender's office this summer. She has just finished her first year of law school and this job is good experience.

Do you stop and tell people how much you appreciate them and how much they mean to you? I don't do that enough. I don't know what I would do without my brother in law, Lacey Minnie. .My TV just had mostly a dark picture and Lacey fixed that. I bought a portable phone and Lacey installed the phone . Kathy crawled to the top of my car and put a light bulb in my car port. .I drove up in their yard one day and Lacey says, "You have a flat."He took off the tire, repaired the hole in the tire, put it back on, aired it up and it is doing fine.I appreciate them so much.

My great niece, Ashly' has her little boy Wyatt, enrolled in the day care at Dardanelle where Ashly works Her brother' Cameron, told me a little girl in the day care kissed Wyatt a couple of days ago. See those girls start kissing on the boys as young as 15 months.

I met Sherry Crawford, a teacher at Plainview, in Janet's beauty shop at Plainview. She has known my sister Kathy ever since high school when they competed in playing basketball. Gee, her hair was beautiful when Janet finished and I said I wanted my hair to look just like that. Janet gently explained we didn't have the same type hair.

Evelyn Levesque hosted a "going away " party for my sweet friend, Kelly Virbel, Sunday after noon. Evelyn had a neat money tree for her.There were lots of people there and it was a good time. Joe Harrison told her goodbye for all of us and then Kelly told us goodbye. We had lots of good food and Evelyn's pool was lovely A couple of people swam and it looked so calm and refreshing. We all wish the best for Kelly.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home